- Activities and Childcare
- Advice and Support
- Torbay Local Offers
- Contact Us
Last Updated - February 13, 2024
The Family Intervention Team offer focused family support to families with complex needs through targeted support. We work flexibly and creatively with parents and their children in their homes and in groups, to increase the skills, confidence and abilities of all family members to live their daily lives in a positive and safe way.Key areas of work:
• To offer emotional and practical support to parents and their families, in their own homes and in the community.
• To offer a whole family / family centred restorative approach to families with emerging and complex needs within a preventative approach.
• We attend meetings, groups and deliver training as requested.
• Develop and build a trusting relationship with the children, young people and parents to help alleviate or break their social isolation and increase capacity and resilience.
• Provide advice and support to families and professionals linking with community resources.
• Communicate and foster positive relationship with our agency partners to ensure best interests of the child and family.
FIT link worker
One FIT worker is linked to each Family Hub. They are available to have conversations and signpost over current worries and support needs your family might be having at the time.
Various offers of parenting support through face-to-face groups are being offered in the Hubs- please look at our timetable for up to date information on these.